Monday, June 30, 2014

6 Months Old!


I am 6 months old.....that's half a year! Woah! Time sure is flying!
Height: 28 inches (71.1 cm) - 96%
Weight: 16 lbs. 14 oz. (7.645 kg) - 40%
Head Circumference: 16.93 inches (43 cm) - 43%
**Ironically ALL of Ayla's 6 month stats were IDENTICAL to mine. Her percentiles are different because she's  girl. How weird is that?!?
Ayla's 6 month stats: Weight - 16 lbs. 14 oz. - 75% Length - 28 in. - 95% Head - 43 cm. - 75% 
Sleeping Patterns: It's summer time and my naps aren't always at the exact same time but I have been enjoying a short morning nap (around 45 minutes) and a longer afternoon nap (they can last for up to 2 hours sometimes). I was going to bed pretty early around 6:30ish but Mama has pushed my bedtime back to around 7:30 - 8:00. I usually sleep until around 5:30 - 6:00 and then Mama feeds me and I'll go back to sleep until around 7:30 - 8:00....unless, of course, my big sister wakes me up! Those are the first words out of her mouth everything morning, "Is Hayden still sleeping? Is Hayden up? Let's see if Hayden is awake."
Eating Habits: Mmm! Mmm! Mmm! Food! I get my first feeding around 6:00. When I wake up for the day, Mama makes me rice cereal (about two ounces of milk mixed with the powder), I eat again around 9:30 - 10:00, and then around lunchtime I get either a fruit or a vegetable along with some milk from Mama. I nurse again around 3:30 - 4:00ish and get another fruit or vegetable (the opposite from lunch) around 5:00. I nurse a little bit then too and then eat one final time before bed time.
New Foods I liked: Oooh! I've been trying more and more. The list now includes: carrots (my first food), peas, bananas, sweet potatoes, and green beans. I've loved them all so far and always finish the entire container.
New Discoveries I made: Trying all of these new foods definitely counts as discoveries. I also like to play in my new excersaucer and discover how to make everything move and make noise. 
My accomplishments: I grew two teeth and am getting pretty quick at scooting around and getting to where I want to go.
Places I went: Swimming at the Mehall's pool (my first swim), Carowinds Water Park, our neighborhood pool, and we've been going to the library a lot. We joined the summer reading program.
Special Memories: Playing with Ayla (did you see the video of her kicking her pink ball at me? Ha ha), snuggles with Mama and Daddy while they are home for the summer, and going swimming for the first time.
*We are adding two new ones. I'm not sure why we didn't think of this before...
Current likes: Ayla, smiling at Daddy, snuggles with Mama, Ayla's Llama Llama stuffed animal (I like to chew on it), trying to new foods, and swimming (well, having Mama hold me in the pool)
Current dislikes: Ironically I like swimming but do not like bath time!

Here are the pictures from today's photo shoot:
Hey there, friend! Nice to see you again.

Big boy starting to sit up!


Big sister, Ayla, joins the photo shoot.



Happy!


See you next month, Buddy!
 Long story short:
Mama and Ayla made cookies. Ayla wanted one before dinner. Daddy and Mama said no. Ayla had a tantrum and pouted. 
This is how Mama found her when she went up to check on her. All of the pillows and blankets were on the floor from our photo shoot. Oh, Ayla! Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have lots of tantrums in my future too. Hee Hee!



No comments:

Post a Comment