Thursday, December 5, 2013

36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks
Total Weight gain: I had a doctor's appointment today and it was right around 30 lbs. I also measured at 36 and 1/2 weeks today which puts me right on track. Baby must have had a growth spurt and is now slowing down a bit.
Maternity clothes:  Of course! ;-)
Stretch marks: Same ones.
Sleep: I've been sleeping okay but it's been taking me a LONG time to fall asleep.
Best moment in the last week: Hearing the heartbeat today....135. Ayla is also really affectionate with her baby brother. She talks about him and to him. She thinks my belly button is the microphone and will talk directly into it. Ha ha! Here's a cute picture and a video that I took. If you listen closely you can hear Ayla say "Oh, that was a cute picture" at the end of the video after she kisses my belly. Ha Ha!

video

Movement: Yes! I was trying to get a video yesterday but he wouldn't cooperate. I think he's head down and he just flips from side to side. My whole belly moves in waves!
Gender: It's a boy!
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": She does know the name. :-)
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular. 
Belly Button in or out:  It's been pretty flat lately.
What I miss: Not being tired all of the time. I've also gotten the pregnancy waddle. This belly is exhausting....but of course, totally worth it!
What I am looking forward to: Still Christmas break! 10 teaching days until my maternity leave. I think I can....I think I can....
Weekly Wisdom: Keep the compliments coming! I had a lot of nice belly comments today....mostly how it's all belly and it looks like I just put a basketball underneath my shirt. :) I'm sure there is extra weight distributed elsewhere...there's not just 30 lbs. of belly.
Milestones: If baby decides to come now, the doctor's aren't going to stop labor. He's officially "safe to come out".
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: I have always misplaced things in my classroom and have to ask the kids where it is. I do have to say it has been getting worse and worse. I'll set down worksheets for a lesson somewhere and then forget where I put them. I am also constantly losing the remote to the promethean board in the classroom. Luckily, my students help out!
Labor Signs: Hopefully not until after Christmas break starts.
Weekly Belly Pictures: Taken today at 36 weeks. Ayla insisted on getting pictures taken by herself first.








36 weeks comparison....woah!

No comments:

Post a Comment