Saturday, October 12, 2013

28 Weeks

How far along: 28 weeks + 2 days
Total Weight gain: Well, our scale says 20 lbs. Last week my total weight gain was 21 so I don't think it's very accurate. I will say that I am gaining at a nice consistent pace. ;-) Maybe 22 lbs. total.
Maternity clothes:  Yes, and I finally get to wear some of the Fall clothes that I have.
Stretch marks: Still the same ones....still a very itchy belly!
Sleep: It's still okay and apparently I am snoring pretty loudly now. :-)
Best moment in the last week: Finally getting baby moving on video. They're still not the best but you can see it! Watch the top right corner of my belly in the first video.
Movement: Yes! I finally got a video! Here are actually two!



Gender: It's a boy!
Ayla's current sibling wish: Baby brother. Good, because that's already predetermined.
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": Still "Baby Six" although she does know his name. 
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular....just always hungry.
Belly Button in or out:  It's an outie!
What I miss:  My brain! These "baby brain" moments are getting worse and worse. ;-)
What I am looking forward to: My sister, cousin, and there kids are coming in less than a week!!!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm a broken record because I keep saying this.....Don't tell a pregnant lady how "Huge" or "Big" she is.(I actually had someone say to me, "Do you realize how incredibly huge you have gotten?" That's a direct quote). Don't ask, "Are you sure there aren't twins in there?" and don't tell her "Oh! You aren't going to make it to your due date." (I may have this baby a couple of days early like I did Ayla, but don't tell me I'm having my baby next week....it's way too early. I still have about 12 weeks to go). You may think it's a compliment, but let's face it, nobody wants to hear how big they are ten times a day. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty proud of this belly because it's JUST belly (and you really can't tell I am pregnant from behind or if you are looking at me straight on from a distance), but I know it's big, you don't have to tell me. You can however tell me how "cute" or "awesome" I look. I did have several people at the festival tell me that I look great and I appreciated that. Okay....my rant is over. :-)
Milestones: I'm officially in my third trimester!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Well, this one happened today and it's a "must share". I was at home catching up on some school work. This third grade grading papers thing is no joke! Tests, quizzes, classwork, homework, Reading Responses....the list goes on and on. Ayla was at BeBe and Pappy's playing with Mallory and Bryan was at the PITT game so that meant I was home alone. I'm a bit of a baby and lock myself in when I'm home alone and I don't answer the door. Well, of course the doorbell rang and I was going to ignore it, but when I looked out the window, I saw that it was the Tru Green lawn care people, so I went outside to talk to them. As I opened the door, Sidney tried to get out too and I pushed her back inside. Out of habit, I locked the front door. I really think it's just something I do all of the time so I didn't even think about it. There it is.....my "baby brain" moment! I was locked out of my house barefoot and pregnant! Oh dear! They were super nice and let me call Bryan (who did not answer his phone...probably because it was a random phone number) and then they drove me over to my in-laws house in the Tru Green truck. Again, picture this....barefoot and pregnant. Maybe it was a sign that I should not do any school work or cleaning today. ;-) The big problem was that Bryan didn't have his key either and we haven't gotten around to making a spare key for my in-laws. Here's the best part of the story......we went to the fire department and asked if they could help us out. Our bedroom window was open and we just needed a ladder and someone to climb in the window. They must have had some sympathy on this pregnant lady because they brought the fire truck to our house, got the ladder, climbed in, and unlocked the door. There were 4 firefighters, which probably wasn't necessary....maybe they just wanted to join in on the fun so that they would have a good story to share. Ha! Ha! My mother-in-law was with me because she drove me over to the fire department. I had her document this event with some pictures....you just have to laugh at the situation. Here are the pictures that she took on her phone.....




Labor Signs: Hopefully not until the end of December!
Weekly Belly Pictures: 
28 weeks + 2 days

28 weeks + 2 days

I'm also adding a couple pictures of Ayla and Mallory from tonight in their matching Halloween PJs.



No comments:

Post a Comment