Friday, September 27, 2013

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks + 1 day
Total Weight gain: 21 lbs.
Maternity clothes:  Yes and it's finally getting into more comfortable temperatures so I'll get to take out some of those Fall clothes soon.
Stretch marks: Around the belly button but no news ones....still very very itchy!!!
Sleep: It's still okay but I would like one night where I don't wake up at all.
Best moment in the last week: I'm just glad today is Friday. It's been a long week! :-)
Movement: Moving pretty consistently. We are currently doing a read aloud in class and are reading "Stone Fox". He kicks me every time I read it. He either really likes it or doesn't like it at all. :-)
Gender: It's a boy!
Ayla's current sibling wish: She answered "baby sister" but it's already predetermined that she is getting a baby brother. Hee! Hee!
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": "Baby Six"....and then she continued with the numbers: 9, 8, and 2.
Food Cravings: A lot of sweets. Good thing that Michelle is coming soon and hopefully bringing some more chocolate. Hint! Hint! :-)
Belly Button in or out:  It's an outie!
What I miss: I'm going to have to go with a non-itchy belly again!
What I am looking forward to: Ayla turns 3 next week! I have my glucose test doctor's appointment that morning. Yuck! I will get to hear baby's heartbeat though because I have a check up too and I took the entire day off of work so that I can spend the rest of the day with the birthday girl!!
Weekly Wisdom: People always have comments about pregnant people's belly's....."It's so big!" "You look like you dropped already." Blah! Blah! Blah!. Take everything with a grain of salt and know that you know you're belly the best! :-)
Milestones: Baby's taste buds are very developed now. Hope he likes sweets! :-)
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: No "baby brain" story that I can think of but I have an "emotional pregnant story"....Ayla had her first visit to the ER. *See full story below*
Labor Signs: Hopefully not until the end of December!
Weekly Belly Pictures: 
26 weeks + 1 day

26 weeks + 1 day
Just a little comparison. Both were taken at exactly the
same time....26 weeks + 1 day. Woah!!!

ER Story:
I'll spare the graphic details and give the short version. :-) Ayla has been having digestive issues for about three weeks now. After being on Miralax for a little over a week, we thought all was well again. Well, yesterday evening after straining to go, Ayla had what's called an "external rectal prolapse". I'll let you google search it if you are interested but it's kinda gross. That's when I had my first "pregnancy emotional moment". Not gonna lie, I probably would have freaked out  little even if I wasn't pregnant. We put a pull-up on Ayla and headed to the emergency room. She was fine in the car and was talking away. My second "pregnancy emotional moment" came in the ER when explaining what happened. We actually got to see the doctor pretty quickly and he was very nice. He really made an effort to talk to Ayla before he had to examine her. When he did examine  her, the problem had fixed itself. He assured us that we weren't crazy and that this really does happen. Better safe than sorry. :-) He was right on target when he asked if she was potty training and said that constipation was very common at this age. "Rectal prolapse" can also happen and he didn't seem to think that it will happen again. We were very relieved that all was okay and were glad to go home. It was very draining emotionally and I wish that I could protect Ayla from everything that can hurt her. It won't be our last scary moment but I'm hoping for no more ER trips in a long time!

Ayla wasn't too happy while at the hospital, but I think that's because of my reaction when we got there. She could sense that I was scared and I really wish I would have handled it a little better. Once the doctor had finished examining her she was ready to go home but she wasn't upset at all. This morning she did not want to take of her "bracelet" so she still has on her emergency room bracelet. I'm not going to fight that battle just yet, but I will keep it for her photo album. :-) We also had to document this with some pictures. We only took two of her at the hospital. One in the waiting room and one while waiting to be discharged. This morning when Ayla woke up she said, "I go hospital yesterday. The doctor check my bum bum." I'm glad that she wasn't too traumatized by the whole experience.
Waiting at the ER. Note that the "bracelet"
is on her ankle because it was the easiest
place to put it.

Waiting to be discharged and watching
Mickey Mouse on my phone.
Thank goodness for the Disney Jr. app.


No comments:

Post a Comment