Thursday, August 15, 2013

20 Weeks

How far along: Woah oh....we're half way there! (sung of course to Bon Jovi's song!). 20 weeks!!! That's hard to believe.
Total Weight gain: Well.....according to our scale 16 lbs. That just doesn't seem accurate since last week the doctor said I only gained 10 according to their scale. Our scale is truly not very dependable so I'll just take the average of both and say around 13 lbs.
Maternity clothes:  Yes. 
Stretch marks: "Left over" ones from Ayla around the belly button and possibly a few new ones. This belly is already pretty big!
Sleep: Still pretty good although the belly is starting to get in the way.
Best moment in the last week: Ultrasound last Friday. It always amazes me to see how much baby grows in just a couple of weeks.
Movement: More and more flutters. According to the ultrasound the placenta is in the back and the baby is all up front. Once this little guy starts moving a lot I should be able to really feel it.
Gender: I tried to be secretive in the last post for my aunt who did not want to find out until baby is born. However, she clicked on the video not realizing that it was the announcement so now I think it's safe to say......IT'S A BOY!
Ayla's current sibling wish: It's already determined that baby is a boy so we'll just have to let Ayla get used to that idea, regardless of her wish. Hee hee! She did say that baby was a boy twice last Friday before we went for the ultrasound.
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": Ayla still says "Six" but that's not the name that we chose. ;)
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular but I am always hungry. I'll feel full after a big meal but it never lasts long!
Belly Button in or out:  It's mostly out now. I honestly think it has to do with how baby is positioned.
What I miss: My waistline. I heard that there is a new H&M store opening at one of the malls in our area and was really excited. I then quickly realized that it will be quite some time before I can even go shopping there. I don't think they have a maternity line of clothes. :(
What I am looking forward to: Can this week be about what I am not looking forward to? Teacher workdays begin on Monday. My summer days with Ayla are coming to an end.
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep is precious. Never wake a pregnant lady. ;)
Milestones: Today marks the halfway mark!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: At my doctor's appointment last week they had us waiting in a different waiting room than I normally do. We went in and had the ultrasound and afterwards I had my scheduled monthly appointment. We went back into the little waiting room after the ultrasound and waited for my monthly check up. I went in to the monthly check up by myself and afterwards went straight for the exit. I realized I had forgotten about Bryan when I passed the other waiting room. Oopsie!
Labor Signs: Hopefully not until the end of December!
Weekly Belly Pictures:


Just for fun.....a little comparison of both pregnancies at 20 weeks. They say that your belly stretches out more and much quicker the second time. No joke! Maybe I should have done some crunches to tighten up those muscles after Ayla. Ha!
Of course, I have to add a cute picture of Ayla. Hopefully there will be more soon. Aubrey is coming over on Saturday and that always means lots of picture opportunities.


No comments:

Post a Comment