Thursday, August 1, 2013

18 Weeks

How far along: 18 weeks
Total Weight gain: +11.8 lbs.
Maternity clothes:  Yes. I've been wearing a lot of Megan's right now....thanks for making me so stylish! ;-)
Stretch marks: "Left over" ones from Ayla around the belly button.
Sleep: Still pretty good.
Best moment in the last week: Something only a mom could love, but Ayla is finally starting to get the potty training thing. Proud Mama moment: Telling me "something's coming" at two separate friend's houses and actually going to the bathroom. Yay!
Movement: Still nothing consistent. This baby may not be a "mover" like Ayla was.
Gender: I really don't know...I go back and forth constantly. We'll find out soon.
Ayla's current sibling wish: "Baby sister and circle and circle." I can't make this stuff up. Ha!
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": The name has changed. Drum roll please............."One." Not sure what it is with Ayla and numbers and shapes. Maybe too much Kindergarten teacher influence from her Mama??? Ha ha!
Food Cravings: I haven't had any "cravings" but I am hungry all of the time. I can constantly eat and snack!
Belly Button in or out:  In but the top part is already starting to "pop out".
What I miss: Bryan found some Pumpkin Beer already. It's still early but I think it's going to be tough during the Fall. :)
What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound next week!
Weekly Wisdom: I think that in general people are nicer to pregnant women. It seems like there is always somebody who wants to strike up a conversation with you. Yesterday while I was at my math training there was a line at the ladies room (surprise! surprise!). As I joined the line at the end, everybody offered for me to go first. I waited, but the gesture was nice. :-)
Milestones: I'm still waiting for those consistent movements!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: I almost sent Ayla to bed last night without her diaper on! Oops! Potty training is going a lot better (knock on wood) due to the bribe of new toys for her baby dolls. Last night I put her night gown on and we went to brush her teeth. I skipped the diaper because I wanted Ayla to use the bathroom one more time before bed time. I then just took her straight to her bed and started reading her books. About halfway through the first book Ayla looks at me and says, "Her need a diaper" and pulled up her night gown. I'm glad she caught it! Thanks, Ayla!
Labor Signs: Hopefully not until the end of December!
Weekly Belly Pictures: Ayla's back!


Today is my Dad's 60th birthday! Happy birthday! I am adding two videos of Ayla singing. The first one she was using a very silly voice and the video cut off. I recorded her again and caught the whole song.





No comments:

Post a Comment