Friday, July 12, 2013

15 Weeks

How far along: 15 weeks +1 day
Total Weight gain: According to the doctor's scale....7.8 pounds. I even got a compliment for only gaining 3 pounds since my last visit. :-)
Maternity clothes:  Some yes, some no. Pants are a definite yes, but some maternity tops are still way to big! I'm in that awkward "in between stage".
Stretch marks: Unfortunately there are some "left over" ones from Ayla around the belly button.
Sleep: Still pretty good but the belly is starting to make it a little harder to get comfortable.
Best moment in the last week:  Hearing baby's heartbeat today. Nice and strong at 158!
Movement: I have felt some random flutters but nothing consistent.
Gender: I had a dream last night that the ultrasound said it was a boy. We'll find out on August 9th.
Ayla's current sibling wish: Baby sister AND baby brother. Sorry, Ayla....not happening. There's only one in there. :-)
Ayla's current name choice when asked "What should we name the baby?": Six (and that is the name for baby brother AND for baby sister. ha ha!)
Food Cravings: I've been drinking a lot of the lemon tea that I brought home from Germany. Michelle might have to bring me some more when she comes to visit. ;-)
Belly Button in or out:  In
What I miss: Being able to lay down on my stomach. I don't normally sleep on my stomach but when you can't do something all of a sudden you want to.
What I am looking forward to: More consistent movement that should be coming soon.
Weekly Wisdom: Take weekly belly pictures. I'm so glad that I did it with Ayla and am doing it again now. I am looking forward to comparing weekly pictures.
Milestones: According to my "What to Expect" app. baby can now hear my voice. I hope he/she doesn't mind listening to "Llama, Llama" books because they are Ayla's current favorite.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Where do I begin?!? I wrote the wrong date for my doctor's appointment on the blog last week. It was today, not on the 11th. I've also had several "baby brain" moments over the past week that I wanted to document on here and of course I can't remember any of them....I think that counts as it's own "baby brain" moment. Oh dear!
Labor Signs: Hopefully not until the end of December!
Weekly Belly Pictures:
Ayla joined in on the fun again and all I can think of
when looking at this picture is....Hello belly!! Oh my!


Before I forget to add these, here are baby's "first pictures". The first one was the initial ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy at 8 weeks. We heard the heartbeat for the first time then....179.  I had an extra ultrasound at 11 weeks because during my doctor's visit they could not find the baby's heartbeat on the doppler device because he/she was moving so much. The doctor just sent me over to the  ultrasound  to make sure everything was okay. The heartbeat was nice and strong at 180. It amazes me of how much growing baby did in those 3 weeks!
8 weeks.
Hello, baby!

11 weeks.
Side profile.

11 weeks.
Baby is looking at you. :-)

11 weeks.
Side profile. Do you see the little foot and the arm and hand.
I'm in love already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment